Saturday, March 14, 2009

Low Fat Chicken Enchiladas

I found this recipe on Favorite Family Recipes. Jon and I liked it but we would have added some black beans to the sauce to help thicken it a little. I also didn't put all of the sauce with the chicken. I left about half out to cover the enchiladas with.
2 cups shredded chicken
1 can Old El Paso green enchilada sauce
1 can 98% (or 99%) fat-free cream of chicken
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
red pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. cheddar cheese
10 "light" tortilla shells
Mix together all of the ingredients (except the tortilla shells) in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Put a little of the mix in each tortilla shell, roll up, and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread any leftover mixture over the top and sprinkle on a LITTLE bit of cheese. Bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with olives, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, lettuce.. or anything else you like on your enchiladas!

No comments:

Post a Comment